Friday 2 March 2012

Ghosts

Why is it that ghosts mostly come out at night?
A song, a word, a sudden ineludable feeling -
And there they are...the ghosts of my heart

The fullness of day has emptied itself out
Leaving a quietened mind, a heart less guarded
And there they are...the ghosts of my heart

Eyes drinking me in more passionately than ever
An absent kiss, melting me forever from the inside out
That nose, wrinkled in adorable self-conscious confusion
And there they are...the ghosts of my heart

'You can never lose me...I love you so much'
Rootless words which weigh more than the cosmos
And leave me abandoned, these ghosts of my heart

Morning comes and shooes them away
Shadows ebb and flow, whispers come and go
Subtle, hidden, waiting...the ghosts of my heart

Until the cloak of nightfall flutters, unravels
like a dark velvet river, exposing memories once more
And there they are: never fading, ever seducing
Sparkling, painful, wonderous, haunting...the ghosts of my heart.


© R.K.Mancey 02.03.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment